Cookies and other storage technologies
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones and other devices. Other technologies, including data that we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as "cookies".
Cookies help us provide, protect and improve the Gurucool Products, such as by personalising content, tailoring and measuring ads, and providing a safer experience. The cookies that we use include session cookies, which are deleted when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay in your browser until they expire or you delete them. While the cookies that we use may change from time to time as we improve and update the Gurucool Products, we use them for the following purposes:
Security, site and product integrity
Advertising, recommendations, insights and measurement
For example: Cookies allow us to help deliver ads to people who have previously visited a business\'s website, purchased its products or used its apps and to recommend products and services based on that activity. Cookies also allow us to limit the number of times that you see an ad so you don\'t see the same ad over and over again. For example, the "fr" cookie is used to deliver, measure and improve the relevancy of ads, with a lifespan of 90 days.
Cookies help us serve and measure ads across different browsers and devices used by the same person.
Cookies also allow us to provide insights about the people who use the Gurucool Products, as well as the people who interact with the ads, websites and apps of our advertisers and the businesses that use the Gurucool Products.
Site features and services
For example: We store information in a cookie that is placed on your browser or device so that you will see the site in your preferred language.
For example: Cookies help us route traffic between servers and understand how quickly Gurucool Products load for different people. Cookies also help us record the ratio and dimensions of your screen and windows and know whether you\'ve enabled high-contrast mode, so that we can render our sites and apps correctly. For example, we set the "dpr" and "wd" cookies, each with a lifespan of seven days, for purposes including to deliver an optimal experience for your device\'s screen.
Analytics and research
For example: Cookies can help us understand how people use the Gurucool service, analyse which parts of the Gurucool Products people find most useful and engaging, and identify features that could be improved.
Third-party websites and apps
Our business partners may also choose to share information with Gurucool from cookies set in their own websites\' domains, whether or not you have a Gurucool account or are logged in. Specifically, cookies named _fbc or _fbp may be set on the domain of the Gurucool business partner whose site you\'re visiting. Unlike cookies that are set on Gurucool\'s own domains, these cookies aren\'t accessible by Gurucool when you\'re on a site other than the one on which they were set, including when you are on one of our domains. They serve the same purposes as cookies set in Gurucool\'s own domain, which are to personalise content (including ads), measure ads, produce analytics and provide a safer experience, as set out in this Cookies Policy.
We may place cookies on your computer or device and receive information stored in cookies when you use or visit:
- ● The Gurucool Products;
- ● Products provided by other members of the Gurucool Companies; and
How can you control your information?
If you have a Gurucool account:
- ● You can use your ad preferences to learn why you\'re seeing a particular ad and control how we use information that we collect to show you ads.
- ● To show you better ads, we use data that advertisers and other partners provide us about your activity off Gurucool Company Products, including websites and apps. You can control whether we use this data to show you ads in your ad settings.
- ● The Gurucool Audience Network is a way for advertisers to show you ads in apps and websites off the Gurucool Company Products. One of the ways that Audience Network shows relevant ads is by using your ad preferences to determine which ads you may be interested in seeing. You can control this in your ad settings.
- ● You can review your Off-Gurucool activity, which is a summary of activity that businesses and organisations share with us about your interactions with them, such as visiting their apps or websites. They use our business tools, such as Gurucool pixel, to share this information with us. This helps us do things such as give you a more personalised experience on Gurucool. Learn more about off-Gurucool activity, how we use it and how you can manage it.
Everyone: ( Editing Required )
You can opt out of seeing online interest-based ads from Gurucool and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe or through your mobile device settings, where available, using Android, iOS 13 or an earlier version of iOS. Please note that ad blockers and tools that restrict our cookie use may interfere with these controls.
More information about online advertising:
- ● Digital Advertising Alliance
- ● Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada
- ● European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance
Browser cookie controls:
In addition, your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. These controls vary by browser, and manufacturers may change both the settings that they make available and how they work at any time. As of 23 June 2021, you may find additional information about the controls offered by popular browsers at the links below. Certain parts of the Gurucool Products may not work properly if you have disabled browser cookie use. Please be aware that these controls are distinct from the controls that Gurucool offers you.
- ● Google Chrome
- ● Internet Explorer
- ● Firefox
- ● Safari
- ● Safari Mobile
- ● Opera
B. Applicability of these policy
Gurucool has taken reasonable precautions as per applicable Indian law and implemented industry standards to treat Personal Information as confidential and to protect it from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss of the Personal Information.
Automatic Information Collection
Our system collects information that is sent over the internet without Your control. Some examples of the information we collect and analyse include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect Your computer to the internet; login; email; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; course enrolled history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other users to create features, reports such as popular courses, most used features etc; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) click stream to, and from our Platform, including date and time; cookie number; courses or videos You viewed or searched for; the email id You used to call our customer service.
Information Security of User (Edit needed)
To protect the security of Your Personal information during transmission, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information You input. To prevent unauthorised access to sensitive information, it is important for You to monitor those who have access to Your password and to Your computer, laptop or any other device through which Your account can be accessed. Be sure to sign off when finished while using a shared computer.
However, please do note that given the nature of internet transactions, Gurucool does not take any responsibility for the transmission of information including Personal Information shared by You other than as set forth in this Policy. Any transmission of information on the internet is done at Your risk and shall not be responsible for the circumvention of the privacy settings or security measures either by You or any third-party
Report, Analysis & Confidentiality
Gurucool may have to use Personal Information without reference to any persona or identity for research, statistical analysis improving the Platform of functionalities offered thereon and business intelligence purpose and may transfer such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates. All Gurucool employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of sensitive personal data or information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of every User\'s sensitive personal data and information.
Revision of terms & Grievance reporting
Gurucool may update or amend this Policy at any time, with or without advance notice. In the event there are significant changes in the way Gurucool treats User\'s personally identifiable information, Gurucool will display a notice on the Platform or send Users an email. Gurucool\'s current Policy to all information that Gurucool has about Users and their account.
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important.
App: We encourage parents and teachers to supervise their child or student’s use of the App. No personal information is collected or solicited from a child user of the App. We may collect analytics data (which does not contain personal information) from a child’s use of the App in order to offer and develop the Service, and we may collect information about a child such as age and nickname from you as part of your use of the App and the creation of your child’s user profile. We strive to keep the level of information collected from your child to a minimum, and in no event do we collect more information than what is required to use our learning app. The App contains no external links to third-party websites or services. We require all users of the App to use a parent or guardian’s email address in order to create an account. If permission is not received within 14 days from the email account holder, the account will be deleted. In order to enable interactive features, such as Workbooks, the App may request permission to access your device’s camera. Images captured by your device’s camera are processed only on your device by the App and are never saved. We do not receive the images captured by your device.
How We Use Your Information Purposes
We may use information we collect for a variety of purposes, including:
- ● To operate the Service, monitor the effectiveness of the Service, improve the content of the Service, and improve layout and design.
- ● To help provide you with a smooth, efficient user experience.
- ● To monitor, analyze, and describe usage patterns and performance of the Service, including aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- ● To conduct system administration and system troubleshooting and to diagnose or fix technology problems.
- ● To comply with legal requirements and processes (for example, in response to subpoenas, court orders, and law enforcement or governmental requests or investigations), and to protect our legal rights or the rights of others (for example, by working to reduce the risk of fraud or misuse of the Service).
- ● With respect to information collected through the Website described in the Information Collected Automatically section above, to assist in marketing efforts, including, for example, by tailoring and serving advertisements, and by tracking the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- ● In connection with a business transaction, such as the bankruptcy or liquidation of, sale of, purchase of, or merger with our business or another business.