Every day, people use Gurucool to share their experiences, connect with friends and family, and build communities. It's a service for more than two billion people to freely express themselves across countries and cultures and in dozens of languages.
The Gurucool company recognises how important it is for Gurucool to be a place where people feel empowered to communicate, and we take our role seriously in keeping abuse off the service. That's why we developed standards for what is and isn't allowed on Gurucool.
These standards are based on feedback from people and the advice of experts in fields such as technology, public safety and human rights. To ensure that everyone's voice is valued, we take great care to create standards that include different views and beliefs, especially from people
and communities that might otherwise be overlooked or marginalised. Please note that the US English version of the Community Standards reflects the most up-to-date set of the policies and should be used as the master document.
Our commitment to voice
The goal of our Community Standards is to create a place for expression and give people a voice. The Gurucool company wants people to be able to talk openly about the issues that matter to them, even if some may disagree or find them objectionable. In some cases, we allow content – which would otherwise go against our standards – if it's newsworthy and in the public interest. We do this only after weighing the public interest value against the risk of harm, and we look to international human rights standards to make these judgments.
Our commitment to expression is paramount, but we recognise that the Internet creates new and increased opportunities for abuse. For these reasons, when we limit expression, we do it in service of one or more of the following values: AUTHENTICITY
We want to make sure that the content people see on Gurucool is authentic. We believe that authenticity creates a better environment for sharing, and that's why we don't want people using Gurucool to misrepresent who they are or what they're doing. SAFETY
We're committed to making Gurucool a safe place. Content that threatens people has the potential to intimidate, exclude or silence others and isn't allowed on Gurucool. PRIVACY
We're committed to protecting personal privacy and information. Privacy gives people the freedom to be themselves, choose how and when to share on Gurucool and connect more easily. DIGNITY
We believe that all people are equal in dignity and rights. We expect that people will respect the dignity of others and not harass or degrade others.
No User shall be permitted to perform any of the following prohibited activities while availing our Services:
- 1. Making available any content that is misleading, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, libelous,vulgar, obscene, child-pornographic, lewd, lascivious, profane, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- 2. Stalking, intimidating and/or harassing another and/or inciting other to commit violence;
- 3. Transmitting material that encourages anyone to commit a criminal offence, that results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice;
- 4. Interfering with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Application/Website/Services;
- 5. Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner, committing any act that amounts to the infringement of intellectual property or making available any material that infringes any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of anyone else;
- 6. Make available any content or material that You do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual or fiduciary relationship, unless You own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents for such use of the content;
- 7. Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with a person or entity;
- 8. Post, transmit or make available any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, spyware, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines, code, files or such other programs that may harm the Application/services, interests or rights of other users or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications, or that may harvest or collect any data or personal information about other Users without their consent;
- 9. Access or use the Application/Website/Services/products in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any of the Application's/Website's servers or the networks connected to any of the servers on which the Application/Website is hosted;
- 10. Intentionally or unintentionally interfere with or disrupt the services or violate any applicable laws related to the access to or use of the Application/Website/Services/products, violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Application/Website/Services/products, or engage in any activity prohibited by these Terms;
- 11. Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Application/Website/Services/products, materials, systems resources, or gain unauthorized access to user accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Application/Website/Services/products or any affiliated or linked sites;
- 12. Interfere with, or inhibit any user from using and enjoying access to the Application/Website/ Services/products, or other affiliated sites, or engage in disruptive attacks such as denial of service attack on the Application/Website/Services/products;
- 13. Use deep-links, page-scrape, robot, spider or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to increase traffic to the Application/Website/Services/products, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Application /Website/Services/products, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Application, or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any content, documents or information through any means not specifically made available through the Application/Website/Services/products;
- 14. Alter or modify any part of the Services;
- 15. Use the Services for purposes that are not permitted by: (i) these Terms; and (ii) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdiction; or
- 16. Violate any of the terms specified under the Terms for the use of the Application /Website/Services/products.